Saturday, June 10, 2006

She said her daddy had dreams but he drank them away

So my dear friend Hilary is home and it was so wonderful to see her yesterday. I've really missed her while she was in New York. She had a shin dig at her house last night and I honestly was a little apprehensive about going. However I'm glad that I did. I got to see Jessie the girl for the first time this summer and it was great to catch up, and some of us ended up hanging together outside just like we did in the old days. It was really nice. Sure as it got later it wasn't a great (people began to leave) but the fact is I had a really good time. Some people have their same problems but at this point they really aren't my concern and I've decided after testing the waters last night I don't really need to worry about keeping my distance as much as I was, and I can't put into words how glad that makes me. I know we're never going to all be how we used to (I wouldn't want that) but at least we can be better than we have been.

1 comment:

Mike James said...

I'm wonderful! Who are you again? I forgetted.